1. Quality of writing. Does the writer demonstrate a command of language? Weight: 25%
2. Development. Does the writer use purposeful details that deepen understanding? Weight: 25%
3. Craft. Does the writer skillfully use story structure and/or literary devices? Weight: 25%
4. Tone. Does the writer set a consistent tone or impact the reader. Weight: 25%
1. Write a short story, excerpt, or original creative writing piece.
2. Manuscript must be typed/word processed.
3. Narrative pieces should be a minimum of three and a maximum of ten pages.
4. Stories should include student name, title and be submitted in a folder, presentation binder or plastic sleeve to the Assistant Principal.
5. Please be aware of your audience. Topic, tone, subject matter should be appropriate for presentation in a high school classroom.