1. Presentation (including costuming, appropriate hair, etc.)
2. Dance technique
5. Stage presence
1. Student should prepare a solo or duet. Student may only enter once in the dance category.
2. Audition must be 2-4 minutes in length. A timekeeper will be present to assure that the program is kept on schedule.
3. Programs will be judged on the basis of dance technique, ability of the performer, musicality, choreography, and presence.
4. The performance may be accompanied by digital media or accompanist.
5. Any dance form is acceptable where professional training is involved (e.g., ballet, jazz, modern, tap, ethnic dances). You must come in professional attire. No practice attire for auditions. Props will be allowed.
6. Depending on the number of applications received in this category, students may be required to participate in a pre-screening process. You will be notified if this is necessary.
7. Judging will be conducted by a panel of dance professionals.