1. Pitch accuracy and tone quality
2. Technical facility (ability)
3. Interpretation: expression / style / tempo
4. Dynamics and phrasing
5. Stage presence / posture / presentation
1. Applicant will be auditioned by a panel of qualified adjudicators.
2. Piece must be a solo performance, limited to 4 minutes in length. No accompanist allowed. A student may submit a composition with the performance. A timekeeper will be present to assure that the program is kept on schedule.
3. Competition is open to a performance with any band or orchestra instrument.
4. Any form of music is acceptable, e.g. classical or contemporary.
5. Depending on the number of applications received in this category, students may be required to participate in a pre-screening process. You will be notified if this is necessary.
6. Memorization not required. Please bring a copy of your music for the adjudicators.